Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Friend Box Part 1

I want to start this out by first saying that boys are utterly confusing. Really. Let me preface this blog by first saying that I'm not trying to bash men. Not at all. I love men. I especially love men that have their act together and know exactly what they want. No games, no frills. Just a pipping hot dish of honesty with a side of individuality. What does this all mean and what does the title of my blog imply?

Well for starters, I've never had good luck with men and I'll be first to say that my dating life is practically non existent. I think that this is largely attributed to the fact that I've chosen the wrong type of men to even consider. For some reason, I have a strange feeling if any male should be reading this, he would probably be rolling his eyes at this point. Remember though, in my first blog I said I would try to stay as honest as possible, and when I look back at my past, I really feel that the individuals that I wanted something with, I chose for the wrong reasons. My demise was partly my fault because my approach was askew. Yes, I will take some blame. In the past I've tended to approach relationships from the physical stance instead of the emotional, or shall I say, friendship stance. When I was younger, I had this belief that in order for me to gain a guy's attention, I had to present some sort of physical compromise. Why I had this foolish ideology? I have no idea. I suppose I could blame it on society, but then again, I should have known better. To be more specific, I thought that in order to "reel" in a guy I had to present a sort of friends-with-benefits type of deal. I thought that if I could connect with a guy physically, then hopefully everything else will fall into place. Yes, I've burned myself a few times thinking that I could pull off this sort of lifestyle and pop out with a boyfriend at the end of the day. This leads me to the whole concept of the friends with benefits conundrum. Simply put, its rarely ever successful. Beware of this! Needless to say, I had to be honest with myself and realize that this type of lifestyle is not me--not to speak badly on others that can pull it off. I just can't.

After much consulting with myself and really getting in tuned with my needs, I realized that I really want a wholesome relationship. I also learned a few other things along the way. Like, guys don't want girls that can easily be had. They want someone that they can connect with, and someone that is more of a challenge. Perhaps in another blog, I will elaborate. After really grasping my discoveries and maturing my thought processes, I decided that I needed a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment