Monday, June 14, 2010

i think i'm ready

I've been motivated and inspired to start journaling again. I stopped sometime around my freshman year of college, I believe... perhaps even earlier. Needless to say, I felt this urge to start writing again, though my grammar tends to be atrocious. The unfortunate irony of this is that I recently graudated with a degree in Enlgish education. The way I see it, I'm entitled to make mistakes with this journal. Some intentional, Some not. This isn't intended to be anything formal, so yes, your criticisms aren't needed. I don't need for you to implicate me with the obvious.

Despite my "unique" writing style, I think my desire to write began with my frequent writing of letters to one of my dearest friends during any downtime I received in and outside of school. Anytime I had something on my mind I would write a letter to Mollee. The odd thing about this, however, is that she has yet to receive anything I have written. This ridiculousness is attributed to my age old forgetfulness at, soon-to-be 24 (I'm expecting to have arthritis at any moment now). I've hoped that procrastination would decide to give me a break and allow me to compile my ramblings, wrapped with some sort of simple colored ribbon. Mind you, I knew that presenting letters to Mollee would be something someone would seldom appreciate. Mollee, being the aspiring English graduate that she is, embodies the very qualities that make up someone that shares a passion for reading and writing. I knew she would love to read my writing now matter how awful, how confusing, or maybe even how extradordinary it may potentially be. I figured to pay honor to such enthusiasm; I would pay a subtle tribute to her by entitling my journal as such.

Another prevalent motivator is my dear friend Ashley Smith. After reading one of her blogs, I felt that her expressions, passions, feelings and irriatations had a great affect on me. Of course I have to interject by encouraging any and all persons to read her blogs at: http://blackdiamond2008.blogspot.com/ Trust, you will relate to something she expresses. I can only hope to be as fluid, expressive, and honest.

I hope that those reading, no matter how few or how many, understand that the intention of this journal is not for mere entertainment, althought to find humor or something utterly hysteric in the complexity of my life is bound to happen. I welcome the occasion. I intend to write as much as I can while the motivation still beckons my attention. I need to vent... to express my ideologies as means of finding some understanding about my thought processes and actions, as well as to shed some light on how even the strangest, or minor of person I encouter, adds some fascination or possibly even "horror" to my life. With that being said, I welcome any advice/response on any entry I type. If I wrote anything that surprisingly moved you, connected with you, or concerned you, I am interested in knowing.

I think I'm ready for this journey--no matter how ridculous or exciting it may be. Welcome to my life, buckle up.

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment